Hair Care Instructions
Suggested Hair Products:
- Shampoo: Carol's Daughter Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Conditioner: HASK Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Conditioner
- Oil: HASK Macadamia Oil (no argan oil)
- Heat Protectant: CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protecting Spray
- Deep Conditioner: AS I AM Intensive Hydration Elation Conditioner
DO NOT USE:
Smart Care Professional Products Lightening Activator for All Stages: This product is too strong for lifting virgin hair and will cause damage to HER Extensions.
- Wash your virgin hair every 1-2 weeks, 1 week is highly recommended. 2 weeks should be the maximum length in which HER Extensions goes unwashed. Failure to keep virgin hair clean will result in product build up. Overtime, product build up can cause tangles and destroy the texture of HER Extensions.
- Before wetting your hair, comb hair thoroughly using a wide tooth comb. Combing the hair prior to washing prevents tangling. Always comb hair from ends to weft.
- Avoid alcohol based products, causes brittleness due to its drying effect.
- Shampoo hair in a downward motion, frantically rubbing hair together when wet can cause extreme tangling, or matting.
- Always rinse hair with cool/cold water. Cool Water = 30%hot, 70% cold
- Deep Condition hair every 2 weeks- 1 month. Deep conditioning is very important; it maintains the natural texture of HER Extensions by locking in moisture. Always let deep conditioner sit for 15-20 mins. Rinse hair thoroughly.
- Air dry HER Extensions. Air drying is the safest way to dry all virgin hair. Constantly applying heat to virgin hair leads to a loss of silkiness. Never sleep on wet hair. If you must use a hair dryer, you may. However, constant heat can cause heat damage, leading to split ends.
- Morning maintenance for Brazilian/Peruvian: Straight/Wave patterns: using a paddle back brush, stroke hair softly. Apply a small amount of Macadamia Oil as needed. Distribute oil evenly throughout hair.
- Nightly maintenance for Straight Hair: Wrap hair in circular motion. Use a silk head scarf to secure. For extra protection apply a silk bonnet.
- Nightly maintenance for Body Wave hair: 1) Gather hair into a loose braid 2) Wrap hair as you would straight hair. Secure hair with silk head scarf and/or bonnet. Sleeping on cotton pillowcases without a scarf or bonnet, can snag HER Extensions causing torn lace on Lace Closures and split ends on your bundles.
- Daily maintenance for Deep Wave hair: If you prefer the natural Deep Wave pattern: 1.) Unbraid your hair and go. Or if you would like to add a moisturizer and define your waves, apply [Curl Care] TreSemme Flawless Curls Mousse (extra hold), comb thoroughly, if desired. An alternative, using a spray bottle with cool water only, mist the hair. Using a wide tooth comb, detangle the hair from ends to wefts. Towel dry your hair by holding the ends and squeezing the hair upward (following the natural wave pattern). Apply Tre'Semme Flawless Curls Mousse (extra hold). Let hair air dry. Please note, adding mousse to your hair will harden the waves, but they will be locked in and gorgeous! If you do not want harden curls, apply Creme of Nature Argan Oil Setting Lotion
- Nightly maintenance for Deep Wave & Curly hair: Braid HER Extensions into two pigtails. Apply a silk bonnet. OR Place you hair into the "Pineapple" hairstyle.
- Washing Deep Wave & Curly pattern(s): Since hair products are used more often than straight and body wave textures, washing is need more frequently. We recommend using As I Am "Cleansing Pudding" once per week. Deep condition your hair every 2 weeks to keep your hair hydrated.
- Color Treated Hair- After adding color to your extensions it is no longer virgin hair. Therefore, high maintenance will be required. Deep Conditioning is recommended regularly to restore moisture. As a result, we strongly advise avoiding glue-ins for your install. The recommended box color is Creme of Nature.